Apply now—Laura F. Willes Center Visiting Research Associate
On behalf of the Maxwell Institute and Brigham Young University I’m pleased to announce a new visiting research associate position at our Laura F. Willes Center for Book of Mormon Studies. We’re thrilled at the chance to bring in a qualified scholar with a PhD in history, theology, religious studies, philosophy, or another related field to deepen understanding of Mormonism’s keystone scripture.
The eight to twelve month appointment will begin in September 2017 or January 2018. The Willes Center Administrative Committee will start reviewing applications on March 1, 2017. Salary and research support will be negotiated.
The successful applicant is expected to:
For application requirements and to apply, go to bit.ly/willescenterassociate and search for job ID 60282.
- Complete a significant research-publication project related to the Book of Mormon, acknowledging the Willes Center and Maxwell Institute in publications related to the term of residence
- Produce a publishable piece of scholarship for the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies (pending editorial review)
- Contribute to the intellectual community of the Maxwell Institute
- Other activities may include campus lectures or events, symposia, mentoring of research assistants
- No classroom teaching is associated with this position