The Maxwell Institute is accepting applications for a new research associate position at the Laura F. Willes Center for Book of Mormon Studies.
Desired Start Date: 09/01/2017
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Documents Required at time of Application:
Required: CV, Cover Letter (1-2 pages), Research/Publication Proposal, 2 Letters of Recommendation
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Complete a significant research-publication project related to the Book of Mormon and acknowledge the Willes Center and Maxwell Institute in any publications related to the term of residence at the Institute
- Produce a publishable piece of scholarship for the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies (pending editorial review)
- Contribute to the intellectual community of the Maxwell Institute
- Other activities may include campus lectures or events, symposia, mentoring of research assistants
- No classroom teaching is associated with this position
- PhD in history, theology, religious studies, philosophy, or related field.
- Cover letter (1-2 pages)
- Current CV
- Proposal or description of a significant research/publication project related to the Book of Mormon (3-5 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation (for BYU employees, letters should be from chair & dean expressing support and willingness to release from teaching for the term of appointment; for non-BYU employees, one should be from an academic department chair outlining support for an 8 or 12 month leave of absence if selected)
Salary and Research Support: Negotiable
Start: September 2017 or January 2018
Term: 8-12 months
Application deadline: Laura F. Willes Center Administrative Committee will start reviewing applications on March 1, 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer: m/f/Vets/Disability
To apply, go to bit.ly/willescenterassociate and search for job ID 60282.