The Book of Mormon is a prophetic book. It was written by prophets and about prophets. It was foreseen by prophets and foresees our day. It was brought forth by prophetic gifts for prophetic purposes. It speaks in a clarion voice of warning to those who would survive the last days.
The articles in this volume, brought together under one cover for the first time, approach the Book of Mormon through a variety of prophetic themes. They speak out incisively on such topics as the prophecy of Ezekiel 37, internal and external evidences of the divine origin of the Book of Mormon, literary style in the Book of Mormon, ancient temples and the Book of Mormon, and the Book of Mormon’s teachings for the last days.
Table of Contents
- Key to Abbreviations
- Chapter 1: The Stick of Judah
- Chapter 2: Columbus and Revelation
- Chapter 3: New Approaches to Book of Mormon Study
- Chapter 4: Kangaroo Court
- Chapter 5: Just Another Book?
- Chapter 6: The Grab Bag
- Chapter 7: What Frontier, What Camp Meeting?
- Chapter 8: The Comparative Method
- Chapter 9: The Boy Nephi in Jerusalem
- Chapter 10: Literary Style Used in Book of Mormon Insured Accurate Translation
- Chapter 11: The Book of Mormon: True or False?
- Chapter 12: Howlers in the Book of Mormon
- Chapter 13: The Mormon View of the Book of Mormon
- Chapter 14: Ancient Temples: What Do They Signify?
- Chapter 15: Bar-Kochba and Book of Mormon Backgrounds
- Chapter 16: Churches in the Wilderness
- Chapter 17: Freemen and King-men in the Book of Mormon
- Chapter 18: The Lachish Letters
- Chapter 19: Christ Among the Ruins
- Chapter 20: The Prophetic Book of Mormon
- Chapter 21: Scriptural Perspectives on How to Survive the Calamities of the Last Days
- Chapter 22: Last Call: An Apocalyptic Warning from the Book of Mormon
- Chapter 23: The Book of Mormon: Forty Years After
- Publication Date: 1992
- ISBN 13: 978-0875791791
- Page Count: 608
- Format: hardcover
- Price: $ 44.95
- Imprint: Deseret Book