The Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship is seeking to appoint a new visiting research associate in our Laura F. Willes Center for Book of Mormon Studies. With a desired start date of September 1, 2021, we are accepting applications until November 1, 2020.
We are seeking a scholar with a PhD in Christian history, theology, religious studies, ancient studies, biblical studies, philosophy or other related fields with research plans to deepen understanding of the Book of Mormon, the keystone scripture of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The initial term is twelve months, with the possibility of annual renewal for a combined maximum of three years. Salary and research support will be negotiated.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Complete a significant research-publication project related to the Book of Mormon, acknowledging the Willes Center and Maxwell Institute in publications related to the term of residence
- In addition to other projects, produce a publishable piece of scholarship for the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies (pending editorial review)
- Contribute to the intellectual community of the Maxwell Institute
- Other activities may include campus lectures or events, symposia, mentoring of student research assistants
- No classroom teaching is associated with this position
For full application requirements and to apply, visit bit.ly/willescenterassociate and search for job ID 92806.